Friday, February 03, 2017
Gula Melaka Huat Kueh 椰糖发糕 by Angela Seah Thulin
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.328444387362161.1073741841.233664896840111/653229598216970/?type=3&theater
250g self raising flour
140g gula melaka, slice thinly
2 tsp oil
1. Slice the gula melaka into thin pieces, pour the water in and mix well. Ensure gula melaka dissolve.
2. Combine and whisk all ingredients together. Pour into container.
3. In hot boiling water, steam the kueh for 20-25 minutes in high heat.
1. I ran out of self raising flour, so I used plain flour and added 2 tsp baking powder and sifted twice.
2. Note to myself, i would add 20g more gula melaka to this recipe.
Recipe origin: https://simmami.wordpress.com/2015/09/26/black-sugar-huat-kueh-reduced-sugar/