Using the black pepper sauce recipe from a previous post, I put together this tasty chicken pasta dish! The capsicum really adds another layer of flavor on top of the black pepper.
Black Pepper Chicken Pasta (for 2 pax)
200g chicken breast meat (seasoned with salt and pepper)
40g green capsicum, sliced
50g red capsicum, sliced
80g yellow onions, sliced
1 tbsp of minced garlic
Black pepper sauce -
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
*Mix the above in a bowl with 1 tbsp of pasta water.
1. Boil some water, put the spaghetti in with some olive oil and salt. Boil the spaghetti until al dente (about 7-10 minutes). Keep some of the water for the black pepper sauce. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat up pan with olive oil, pan fried the breast meat until cooked. Dish up and set aside.
3. In the same pan with olive oil, saute the minced garlic, green and red capsicum and yellow onions until cooked down.
4. Add the cooked chicken breast meat back in, the cooked spaghetti and drizzle the black pepper sauce around. Toss to mix well and done!
1. Use less spaghetti if you prefer a more saucy version.