Thursday, December 08, 2016
My First Christmas log cake of the year 2016 -
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.328444387362161.1073741841.233664896840111/625851234288140/?type=3&theater
Chocolate roll cake with Chantilly cream topped with white chocolate snowflakes
Part (A) - deco
Part (B) - filling
300ml of heavy cream
2-3 tbsp of granulated sugar
*Whisk the heavy cream & sugar till trails formed/creamy (3-4mins).
3 egg yolks
2 tbsp sugar (30g)
45ml vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cocoa powder, sieve
60g cake flour, sieve
3 egg white
2 tbsp sugar (30g)
1 tsp of cornflour
*In a clean metal bowl, whisk the egg white till soft peak then add sugar n continue whisking. Add the corn flour and whisk till stiff peak formed. Set aside.
1. Do Part B first.
2. Part (C) - Whisk the egg yolks and sugar till fluffy. Then add water, vegetable oil, vanilla essence n whisk till mixed. Add the sifted cake flour and cocoa powder to it and whisk till well-mix (batter will look runny).
3. Then do Part (D).
*Preheat your oven now at 170degree celsius.
4. In 3 additions - take the part (D) and FOLD in to Part (C) till well-combined.
5. Pour onto a 10x10 baking tray lined with baking paper. Into the oven and bake for 14mins.
6. Dust some icing powder on the top. Roll it tightly and let the paper wrapped with it. Let it be for few mins or till cooled.
7. Release the roll, spread filling on it and roll it back the same way again.
8. Pipe your exterior design as you like. I spread the cream all over and then deco. Back into the fridge to chill before you cut.
My family love this dish a lot and I have been cooking this for 3 consecutive days :)
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233714530168481.1073741830.233664896840111/625684884304775/?type=3&theater
250g - 350g Broccoli
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp oyster sauce
Marinate meat -
250g boneless chicken thigh meat
1/2 tbsp Feng He light soy sauce
1/2 tsp vegetable oil
2 tsp corn flour
1. Pre-boil broccoli with some salt for 2 minutes. Drain with cold water and set aside.
2. In a wok with oil, saute the garlic till fragrant follow by adding chicken thigh meat.Stir fry till almost cooked. Dish up and set aside.
3. Turn the heat to low, add the water, oyster sauce and broccoli in. Turn the heat to high, stir to mix well and add the chicken thigh meat in. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes and done.