Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Thanks to Flora Ng from Facebook group - Plate and Palate for sharing this delicious recipe..
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233714530168481.1073741830.233664896840111/617377331802197/?type=3&theater
For 2-3 pax
400g pork belly, cut into thick slices
6 cloves garlic, lightly smashed
5 tbsp Feng He dark soy sauce
1 tsp Feng He light soy sauce
Few sheets of Tau Kee
2-3 chinese mushrooms, soaked & sliced
2 star anise
4 hard boiled eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1. Blanch the pork belly first. Set aside.
2. In a pot with some oil, saute garlic and the pork belly until fragrant and brown.
3. Follow by adding dark and light soy sauces, tau kee, mushrooms, star anise, hard-boiled eggs and water.
4. Let it braise for 30 minutes or more until pork belly is soft and tender. Add salt to taste and adjust accordingly. Continue to simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
Serve with white rice!
Recipe origin: http://platepalate2014.blogspot.se/2016/10/braised-pork-belly-by-flora-ng.html
1. Please adjust the amount accordingly if you are not using Feng He sauces for this dish.