While on my way to the airport during my last Singapore trip, I was ''grumbling'' to my brother in his car that i have received too many goodies from my fellow members during the Plate and Palate 2nd year anniversary. One of the goodies I received was rojak paste, so I told him - "aiyo now i will need to play with bread again to make You tiao just for this rojak."
Then he mentioned that he had tried chicken rojak before and it tasted great!
It really just means that you replace the You tiao with deep fried chicken.
Well, I tried making it myself and the results are great! Strong flavour with a slightly spicy aftertaste, yummy!
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233714530168481.1073741830.233664896840111/611008875772376/?type=3&theater
320g boneless chicken thigh meat
2 tsp corn flour
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp baking soda
Roasted crushed peanuts
1. Marinate the chicken meat with Part A for at least 1 hour. Then coat it with potato starch.
2. Deep fry the meat until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Cut the green apple and pineapple into bite size pieces. Scoop the rojak paste mix with a little bit of water. Mix well. Then add the chicken in and mix well.
4. Toast the peanuts, remove the skin and crush it.
5. Topped with peanuts! Yummy!
1. I used potato flour instead.