I made this dish using the Ghee Hiang sesame oil that I bought in Singapore during my last trip. It has a nice and aromatic flavour which is suitable for this dish.
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233714530168481.1073741830.233664896840111/602845239922073/?type=3&theater
For 2-3 pax
65g ginger, slice thinly
20ml sesame oil
3 big chicken thighs (about 750g), chopped
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
100ml water and more
rice 220g, rinsed
1. Heat up wok with sesame oil. Add the sliced ginger in and stir fry until fragrant.
2. Then add the chicken in and cook until opaque. Add oyster sauce, light soy sauce and water in. Let it cook for 5 minutes in medium heat.
3. Add the rinsed rice in and mix well.
4. Scoop everything over to a saucepot and alittle bit more water (just enough to cook the rice). Mix well.
5. Cover with lid, let it come to a boil in medium heat. Then switch to lowest heat and let it cook until the water is completely absorbed (about 10-12 minutes). Remove the saucepot from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes or more. Then fluff the rice.
1. If you do not wish to cook this with the rice, 1 tbsp of light soy sauce will be enough.