Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.469369326602999.1073741845.233664896840111/566843463522251/?type=3&theater
Ingredients - 450g sago
350g gula melaka
1 stalk of pandan leaves
grated coconut / desiccated coconut
1. Soak the sago in cold water for 25 minutes. Then drain and set aside.
2. Cut the gula melaka sugar into slices.
3. In a small sauce pot, add the water, gula melaka and pandan leaves in. Cook until gula melaka/sugar melt. Sieve it and set aside.
4. Mix the soaked sago and sugar together.
5. Brush your steaming tray with some oil, pour the above point 4 in and put to steam in boiling water for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove and set aside to cool. Cut into bite size cube and coat with grated or desiccated coconut. Serve!
1. I used a 23cm disposal aluminium tray to steam this.
2. This recipe serves 4-6 pax, quite a big portion, you may wish to half the recipe.