Baked a simple 15cm rainbow chocolate cake for a small birthday gathering!
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.469362976603634.1073741842.233664896840111/550727445133853/?type=3&theater
250g semi sweet chocolate
150ml heavy cream (36% fat content)
15cm pan x6
edible food coloring
5 egg yolks
4 tbsp sugar
75ml vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla essence
100g cake flour, sieve
5 egg white
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp corn flour
1. Part A - Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy. Then add water, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and whisk till well-mixed. Add the sifted flour in and whisk till mixed (batter will look runny).
2. Part B - In another clean metal bowl, whisk the egg white till soft peak then add sugar in and continue whisking. Add the corn flour and whisk till stiff peak formed.
3. In 3 additions - take part B and fold into part A till well-combined using a balloon whisker.
4. Divide batter evenly among 6 small bowls, 90g batter each.
Preheat oven 170 degrees celsius
5. Using food colors, tint batter in 1 bowl red, 1 bowl orange, 1 bowl yellow, 1 bowl green, 1 bowl blue and 1 bowl purple. Mix well.
6.Then pour them into each baking pan.
7. Bake at preheated oven for 14 minutes. Remove cake from oven and transfer to wire rack, let it cool completely.
8. In a small sauce pot, bring heavy cream to a simmer and then remove from heat. Pour the cream onto the chocolate. Let it sit for a minute and then stir to mix well.
9. Assemble the cake - sandwich the layers together with just a little of the ganache. Pour the rest over the cake letting it fall down the sides and smoothing to cover with a paletter knife. Chill the cake until ganache is firm, about an hour or have it straight away.
1. Every oven's temperature varies. I baked these 3 trays altogether on the middle rack at 150 degrees celsius for 14 minutes.
|These are the colors i used|
|I used disposal aluminum trays to bake|