5 ingredients and just 5 minutes to bake this!!
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.469365889936676.1073741844.233664896840111/526296440910287/?type=3&theater
5 Minutes Roll cake - http://platepalate.blogspot.sg/2016/05/5-mins-roll-cake-by-angela-seah-thulin.html
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
100g sugar (I reduce to 75g)
50g potato flour
150g semisweet chocolate
90ml heavy cream (36% fat content)
*In a small pot in medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Remove from stove and add chocolate and butter in. Stir after 30 seconds until smooth. Let it cool completely before using.
Preheat oven to 250 degree celsius.
1. In a bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a big oven tray lined with parchment paper, spread some sugar or cocoa powder on it. Set aside. This is to be used for flipping the roll cake after it is baked.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar till very light and extra fluffy.
4. Add the sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in. Fold it in gently until well mixed. Do not over fold.
5. Pour the batter onto your 10x10 baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 250 degree celsius for 5 minutes.
6. Remove immediately from baking tray and flip it over to the tray that has sugar/cocoa powder on it. Then roll it up. Set aside to cool completely.
1. For step three - I whisked using a hand mixer and did it for 10 minutes.
2. My mother in law baked at 250 degree celsius for 5 minutes while i baked at 210 degree celsius for 7 minutes.
3. As soon as you are done with step 4 - You will need to send in to bake immediately. Such potato flour has to be baked straight away otherwise the flour will sink and form a chewy base.
4. If you do not want sugar on the roll, prepare a damp cloth instead (referring to step 2).
5. As i do not eat cream, I used some of the ganache as the filling. Then cover the entire roll with the remaining ganache.
|It's incredibly SOFT!|