Tuesday, April 12, 2016
3 big chicken thighs
2 tbsp oil
1 yellow onion, diced (est. 130g)
1 clove garlic, minced (est.1 tbsp)
1 1/2 cup chicken stock (I used water + 1 chicken cube)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp chicken powder
3/4 tbsp onion powder
1. Clean the chicken thighs, rub with some salt and rinse off. Then pat dry with paper towel.
2. In a bowl, mix all the seasoning (part A) together.
3. Coat the chicken thighs with the seasoned flour, ensuring all parts are well coated. Do not throw the flour away.
4. In a pot with oil, sear both sides of the chicken thighs until golden brown (chicken thigh does not need to be cooked at this stage). Then remove the thighs from pot. Leaving the fats/oil in the pot.
5. In the same pot, cook the onions follow by the garlic, then add 2 1/2 tbsp seasoned flour in and stir to mix.
6. Pour the chicken stock in, stir to mix well, ensure no lumps and let it cook for a minute.
7. Pour in the milk and let it cook for another minute. Keep stirring to mix well.
8. Place the chicken thighs back into the pot, scoop some sauce over it. Cover with lid and let it cook for 25 - 35 minutes. Flip the chicken thighs once every 10 minutes.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes!
Recipe origin from: iheartrecipes