I came across this recipe from Martha Stewart's website. Since it is such a quick and easy ten minutes meal, i decided to give it a try. Result - Delicious! And will definitely cook again!
150g cherry tomatoes
1 big yellow onion (mine is about 150g)
4 cloves garlic
Few sprigs of basil leaves
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
50g baby spinach
Optional - Chilli flakes
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes into half. Slice the yellow onion and garlic thinly.
2. Place all the ingredients except spinach and parmesean cheese into a 22cm or bigger pan. See picture below.
3. Turn on the heat to high and cook for 11 to 12 minutes. Do not leave the stove and keep tossing continuously.
4. After cooking for 9 minutes add the spinach in. Remove from stove once done.
5. To plate - drizzle olive oil and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
1. For this dish to be successful, sticking to the time is very important. Martha said 11 minutes while i did it in 12 minutes.
2. You must keep stirring and tossing or else it will stick to the pan.
3. I saw the water started to boil at about 3 minutes.
4. I switched to medium heat after 10 minutes.
5. I used 5 sprigs of basil leaves.
6. 23cm pan will be good for this recipe.
Recipe origin: OnePanPasta
|Ready to cook.|
|Starts to boil around 3 minutes|