Thursday, March 17, 2016
200g bread flour
3g dry yeast
13g fresh cream
13g unsalted butter
1. Knead all the above together then add butter in and knead to smooth dough. I used food processor to get all above together then i added butter in and blend again and then knead till smooth by hand.
2. Let the dough proof in a warm place for 40 minutes until it double it's size.
3. After double it's size, poke a hole in the dough to allow gas to escape from the dough. Then give a few punch on the dough.
4. Divide the dough into 10 portions. 9 of it for the face. 1 of it - divide into 18 small balls meant for the ears.
5. Roll them into nice round shapes and cover with a damp cloth and let them rest for 15 minutes.
6. Flatten that 9 portions dough and fill with kaya and seal it closed. Attach the ears.
7. Into warm place to proof again to 1 and half size bigger.
Preheat oven to 190 degree celsius then lower the temperature to 160 degree celsius and bake for 10 minutes. After that lower the temperature to 150 degree celsius and bake for another 8 minutes.
8. Draw the face with cocoa powder dissolve in a littler water or with Wilton edible color markers.
1. If you buns start to brown, cover it with aluminum foil.
2. Each face weighs 35g.
3. Each individual ear weighs about 1.9g.
Recipe origin - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBVGtnVSCCM