Tuesday, March 15, 2016
550g pork belly
1 tbsp chicken powder
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp tempura flour
Few dashes of white pepper
1. Use a knife to scrape away any impurities and hair from the skin.
2. Wash the pork belly and place them into a big bowl.
3. Poke the fat side of the pork belly with a fork to allow marinade to be absorbed.
4. Add all the above seasoning in, mix well and chill in fridge for 4 hrs.
5. Deep fried till golden color and done!
1. This recipe is slightly saltish but i suppose it is meant to be like that. You will know if you have tried it along Bangkok street food. Highly recommended. You should give it a try.
2. I served this with chicken rice/rice and cucumber plus a simple tofu egg soup.
Recipe origin: Siam sizzles http://www.siamsizzles.com/deep-fried-crispy-pork-belly-thai-style/