2 large egg yolks (about 40g yolks)
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp coconut milk (I use Kara brand)
1 tsp fresh pandan juice
4 tbsp cake flour
2 egg whites
pinch of salt
1 tbsp sugar
1. In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, whisk the part A altogether. Set aside.
2. In another clean metal mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy then add the pinch of salt in medium speed. Then add in the sugar gradually. Beat until stiff peaks formed.
3. In 2 additions, fold the egg white batter into point A.
Preheat oven 170 degree celsius
4. Scoop into cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
To serve - dust with icing sugar and pipe kaya on top.
1. Every oven's temperature varies. I baked these at 150 degree celsius for 17 minutes.
2. It will puff up during baking and shrink alittle after cool down.
3. Each egg weighs 68g.
4. Because i am using a bigger cupcake liners, this recipe yields 6 cupcakes only.
*Link to homemade kaya - http://platepalate.blogspot.se/2016/02/pandan-kaya-by-angela-seah-thulin.html