600g minced pork
2 tbsp oil
4 cloves fresh shallots (chopped)
1/2 cup Lee Kum Kee dark soya sauce
3/4 tsp white pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp five-spice powder
13g crystal sugar
1/2 cup of fried shallots
70ml shaoxing wine
2 cups water
1. Heat the oil in a large wok and fry the chopped shallots over medium-low heat until the pieces turn light brown.
2. Add the minced pork to the wok and stir-fry until the meat turns opaque.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the wok, from soy sauce through water, and bring it to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low, then simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
5. Mix in 1/2 cup of fried shallots and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
6. Pour the pork mixture over cooked rice and serve immediately.
1. Taste was acceptable and we think it tastes better the next day. But it's not something that my son will want me to cook again :)
Recipe origin: http://s91283473.onlinehome.us/taiwanesecooking/site/?p=241