Homemade Kaya is the BEST!
Kaya is a well-known jam in Singapore and Malaysia. It is cooked using only 4 ingredients; coconut milk, eggs, sugar and fresh pandan juice. The fragrant from the pandan leaves, sweet, rich coconutty flavour...mmm... i scoop and eat it on its own too..
|Kaya toast, yummy!|
6 eggs (290g)
250ml coconut milk (Kara)
30ml fresh pandan juice
8-10 Pandan leaves
- Blend them
1. Blend the pandan leaves and water. Strain to discard the pulp.
2. In a bowl with eggs, add the sugar in and using balloon whisker to whisk till sugar dissolves.
3. Follow by adding in the coconut milk and pandan juice, stir and mix well.
4. Using double boil method, cook this mixture for an hour. Stirring at every ten minutes.
5. Let it cool before storing it to a clean container.
To obtain smooth texture, use a blender to blend the mixture.
For another flavour: Coconut Kaya recipe - http://platepalate.blogspot.se/2015/11/kaya-coconut-jam-by-angela-seah-thulin.html
|The double boil method|