Need a quick and easy recipe for last minute fika? Or how about getting your caffeine fix in the morning with these coffee cupcakes? This is perfect as a light snack to go along with a cup of coffee or tea! Moist, sweet and fragrant... I don't drink coffee but this is irresistible!
Fika (in Swedish) means afternoon tea. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fika_(Sweden)
Ingredients (yield 6)
100g cake flour, sifted
1/4 tsp double acting baking powder20g oil
1 tsp coffee emulco
60g unsalted butter
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
pinch of salt
100g granulated sugar1 large egg
*Opt - chocolate rice
1. Line the muffin pan with cupcake paper cups.
2. In a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the buttermilk, oil and coffee emulco together.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk the room temperature butter, vanilla essence and salt together till smooth.
5. Then add sugar in gradually and continue whisking till fluffy.
6. Add the egg in and whisk till well mixed.
7. In three additions, add the dry ingredients (point 2) and wet ingredients (point 3). Whisk to mix well. Once ingredients incorporated, stop whisking. Do not overbeat.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree celsius -
8. Fill 3/4 batter full and send to bake or scoop one heap tsp of batter to the paper cup, spread it out evenly. Then add some chocolate rice and fill up with more batter to 3/4 full.
9. Into preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
1. Oil - vegetable or corn oil.
2. To make buttermilk - 1/2 cup of 2% fat milk + 1/2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice, mix together and set it aside for 10 mins. Ready to use.
3. Every oven's temperature varies. I baked these at 165 degree celsius for 23 minutes.
4. You may wish to reduce the amount of sugar.
|The coffee emulco bought from Singapore|