Never judge a cupcake by it's look!
These may not look pretty, but perhaps i can cover up the 'flaws' by frosting.. Aiyah, NO NEED LAH...! It tastes so good plus it is sooo soft !!!
1 round block of gula melaka
200g cake flour, sifted
1/2 tsp double acting baking powder80g coconut milk + 30g water
1-2 tsp pandan paste
120g unsalted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
160g granulated sugar2 large eggs
1. Line the muffin pan with cupcake paper cups.
2. Cut the block of gula melaka into smaller pieces then roll them up into 12 small balls.
3. In a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, water and pandan paste together.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter, vanilla essence and salt together till smooth.
6. Then add sugar in gradually and continue whisking till fluffy.
7. Add the eggs in one at a time and whisk till well mixed.
8. In three additions, add the dry ingredients (point 3) and wet ingredients (point 4). Whisk to mix well. Once ingredients incorporated, stop whisking. Do not overbeat.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree celsius -
9. Scoop one heap tsp of batter to the paper cup, spread it out evenly. Then place 1 gula melaka ball in the center. Fill up with more batter to 3/4 full.
10. Into preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
1. I used KARA coconut milk (small box 200ml).
2. Original recipe calls for 200g sugar but i reduced to 160g.
3. Original recipe calls for 2 tbsp of pandan juice. I used pandan paste instead.
4. Every oven's temperature varies. I baked these at 165 degree celsius for 21 minutes.
Recipe origin from: BitterSweetSpicy
|This is the cake flour i am using in Sweden|