Wednesday, January 13, 2016
My husband name this as Honey glazed chicken. There are only 4 seasonings used to marinate the chicken yet it tastes so delicious.
3 Big chicken thighs (about 750g)
2 tbsp good quality honey
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp light soya sauce (LKK)
1 tsp dark soya sauce (LKK)
LKK = Lee Kum Kee brand
1. Rinse the thighs, rub with salt and pat dry with paper towel.
2. In a big bowl, mix all the seasonings together, then rub the sauce on the chicken thighs ensuring all area are marinated. Cling wrap and leave it in fridge overnight.
3. Remove from fridge, let it rest to room temperature 15-20 mins. Meanwhile preheat your oven at 180 degree celsius.
4.Place your chicken thighs on baking tray with parchment paper lined. Skin side down. Do not discard the balance marination. Bake for 15mins first then flip over. You have the skin on top now. Bake for another 10-20 mins or until the thigh is cooked when you poke the center and juice run clear.
5. Pour the balance marination to a small pot, bring it to a boil till it reaches a thicken consistency.
1. Every oven temperature varies. Total timing to bake depends on individual oven temperature plus the size of the chicken thigh.
2. I switched off my oven after baking for 25mins but i did not remove them from the oven until an hour later.