Yeppie! It's my birthday!
A short clip of my birthday
In Chinese Hokkien tradition - people like me - we serve mee sua when celebrating birthdays. Mee sua is a type of thin long salted noodles that signifies long life and it is usually cooked with chicken drumstick and two eggs. The two eggs symbolizes fertility and life. Since i will be dining out today, i cooked mee sua and baked a cake yesterday as a small celebration at home. Table for 3 at restaurant Kitchen & Table (New York inspired restaurant by celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson) at Malmö Live.
The cake is moist, very rich in chocolate and with a hint of banana fragrance. It is super easy to bake and can be done within 1.5hrs.
Chocolate Banana Moist Cake by Angela Seah Thulin
Preheat oven to 170degree celsius
1 large egg
2 super riped banana, mashed
60ml heavy cream (34-36% fat)
60g melted butter
1 tbsp vanilla essence
180g brown sugar
130g cake flour, sifted
35g cocoa powder, sifted
3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
50g chocolate chips
110g dark chocolate
160ml heavy cream (34-36% fat)
7g unsalted butter
1. Melt the butter in the microwave and set aside to let it cool.
2. In a bowl, mix all the Part B together. Set aside.
3. In a big mixing bowl, add all the Part A in, mix well then add Part B in. I use a hand mixer and beat till all well combined.
4. Pour the batter onto a 23cm baking pan.
5. Bake at 170 degree celsius for 25-28mins. For my oven, i baked at 160 degree celsius at 26mins.
6. Let the cake cool before removing from the pan.
7.To make ganache - using double boil method to melt the chocolate, then stir in butter, then pour heavy cream to it, stir till well mixed. Ganache will thicken.
8. Pour on the cake top.
|Baked on 16th Mar 2016|
Recipe origin -