Seeing the members in Plate & Palate group baking Pandan chiffon cake the last few days, i decided to do it again using my freshly extracted pandan juice. I have not eaten this for months! The recipe is simple but the result is yummilicious. My family loves the softness and the pandan / coconut fragrance ..
Pandan Chiffon Cake
Ingredients A -
5 egg yolks
20g granulated sugar
100g cake flour, sifted + 1 tsp baking powder (combine them)
100ml coconut milk
2 tbsp fresh pandan juice
3 tbsp organic coconut oil
Ingredients B -
5 egg whites
60g granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Steps for ingredients A -
1. With a mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar till light and frothy.
2. Then add the coconut milk and pandan juice in and beat for few seconds.
3. Add the cake flour and baking powder in two batches and beat for few seconds just to combine. Follow by adding coconut oil in and beat for few seconds to combine.
4. Set aside.
Steps for ingredients B -
1. In a clean metal bowl, using mixer, beat the egg whites till bubbles forming then add cream of tartar in. Continue beating then add sugar in slowly. Beat till stiff peak formed.
To assemble -
1. Scoop half of the ingredients B into ingredients A and fold them in gently. Follow by the other half.
2. Pour onto 21cm (i'm using a 23cm mould) pan and bake in preheated oven 140 degree celsius for 30 - 40 minutes or until its baked.
3. Invert cake immediately onto cooling rack until completely cooled.
*My oven is a terribly hot temper kind - I baked for 30minutes but it still cracked on the top.
Here's a guide on choosing the right chiffon pan size -
1 egg recipe - 14cm mould
2 eggs recipe - 17cm mould
4 or 5 eggs recipe - 21cm mould
6 eggs recipe - 23cm mould
8 eggs recipe - 25cm mould
|I got the pan from Ikea and some say this is non-stick pan, might not be suitable for Chiffon cake But i think its alright.|
|One of my Orange Chiffon cake baked last year using the same Ikea pan|
|This is how i flip my chiffon cake :)|
Recipe Origin from Christine's Recipes