This recipe requires tapioca starch, I thought I had it but NO..., I only found half a packet left so i halved the recipe from KitchenTigress.blogspot and gave it a try. Really fragrant!!
180g Tapioca starch
1/4 tbsp plain flour (i omit)
2 stalks of long pandan leaves, cut into 5cm long.
85ml coconut cream (i use Kara brand)
60g granulated White sugar
1/4 tsp salt
25g eggs (i use 1 full egg and lightly beaten it then i weigh to achieve the weight)
8g egg yolk
1. Preheat the oven at 160degree celsius
2. Stift tapioca starch and plain flour. Mix them together.
3. Place the mixture on a large tray with baking paper underneath. Tuck the pandan leaves in the mixture.
4. Into the oven for one hour. The pandan leaves will turn dry and flour will turn slightly yellowish.
5. Re-stift the starch and flour.
6. In a small pot with coconut cream, sugar, salt, egg and yolk - whisk them till smooth liquid. Then move to the stove using low heat, whisk till the sugar dissolved. After sugar melts, remove from heat and add butter in and mix well. Let it cool for few minutes.
7. Set aside about 1.5 tbsp of baked flour
8. Pour the coconut liquid into the remaining flour. Knead and combine them till it become a dough. Then set aside and rest for 10 minutes.
9. Preheat your oven to 160degree Celsius now.
10. Dust some baked flour (from that 1.5 tbsp) on your table top (to prevent sticking), start to roll the dough and then cut into your desired shape.
Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies turn slightly browned at the bottom.