1/2 tbsp yeast
75ml warm water (in microwave for 20-30secs)
1/2 tsp sugar
250g Bao flour
4 tablespoons sugar (I added 1/2 tbsp more)
4 tablespoons oil
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp water (maybe another 1 tbsp to add in slowly n see the dough texture), mine was ok at 3 tbsp.
1. Combine the part (A) in a bowl. Stir to mix well. Water should not be too hot. Just slightly above warm. Set aside for 20 minutes. The yeast mixture will rise and becomes foamy.
2. Stand mixer - In a mixing bowl, add part (B) and the ready yeast mixture using low speed n combine them together for just few minutes or by hand till smooth dough.
3. Take a small part of the dough (to make the eyes. ears etc), add black coloring to it and achieve the tone you desire. Knead it.
4. . Place the 2 ready doughs in a warm place to proof for 45 mins covering with a damp cloth.
5. Remove and shape.
6. Drip a drop of water to the eyes, ears, nose so that they will stick together.
7. In boiling water, steam them for 15 mins line with baking sheet or parchment paper below in high heat.