For Chocolate Lovers!
With the failproof swiss roll recipe, here I am again with another log cake! And finally it's Christmas! This day we will have our own Christmas meal at home. I had to have at least a log cake on my table even though Swedish don't celebrate with that. So on this special occasion, I baked a chocolate cake since chocolate is my favorite. I can indulge more more more! I thought it wouldn't go well with nutella spread coated with chocolate ganache BUT I was wrong! My husband said that it was a very rich chocolate taste (a little hint of the nutella) and the ganache gives a cooling and soft smooth feeling.
Icing powder or
White chocolate, shred by potato shredder
Part (B) - filling
Nutella - about 200g or more
Part (C) - coating with Ganache
1/2 cup heavy cream
130g semi sweet chocolate
*Using double boil method, cook the milk till gently boil and remove from heat. Pour chocolate in and stir till creamy n thick. Then set aside and stir occasionally.
3 egg yolks
2 tbsp sugar (30g)
45ml vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cocoa powder, sieve
60g cake flour, sieve
3 egg white
2 tbsp sugar (30g)
1/4 tsp of cornflour
*In a clean metal bowl, whisk the egg white till soft peak then add sugar n continue whisking. Add corn flour and whisk till stiff peak formed. Set aside.
1. Prepare your Part B
2. Then do Part C
3. Part (D) - Whisk the egg yolks n sugar till fluffy. Then add water, vegetable oil, vanilla essence n whisk till mixed. Add the sifted cake flour and cocoa powder to it and whisk till well-mix (will look runny).
4. Then do Part (E)
*Preheat your oven now at 170degree celsius.
5. In 3 additions - take the part (E) and FOLD in to Part (D) till well-combined.
6. Pour onto a 10x10 baking tray lined with baking paper. Into the oven and bake for 14mins.
7. Dust some icing powder on the top. Roll it tightly and let the paper wrapped with it. Let it be for few mins or till cooled.
8. Release the roll, spread nutella filling on it and roll the same way again.
9. Give the ganache a stir and pour over the cake. Start from the center and slowly pour outward. Allow it to set and cool. Ganache will harden when cooled.
10. Back into the fridge to chill before cut.
Have a blessed Christmas, all <3